Saturday, January 9, 2016

Here We Go Again ...

When I started this blog a few years back, I had my life all figured out. I was pastoring in a church, getting back on my feet after a marriage that failed and loving life. 

2016 has started off with a bang and a million things has changed since this whole journey began but God is really laying on my heart to write again. It started in Bon Echo at the Pump House beach when a friend questioned why I hadn't blogged in a while. She missed reading it. To be honest, I didn't really think people cared about what I had to say and also that my time could be used on better things like dropping my wallet into the middle of that lake. 

Have you ever gone through a time where you felt that God really wasn't speaking to you or that your existence really wasn't important to the grand scheme of things? Maybe it's a valley, slump or rough spot but to you, you just don't feel that you're really important. You're not necessarily spent with life to the point you're looking for a way out (and if you're reading this and that's what you're feeling, please know you are important and to talk to someone) but you just don't feel your life really is going to alter the coarse of the world. There are days like that. 

In 2 Samuel 9, King David was looking to bless someone from Saul's family because of his friendship with Saul's son, Jonathan. He asked Ziba (one of Saul's servants) if there was anyone alive from Saul's family. Ziba told him that there was one of Jonathan's sons still alive but he was crippled in both feet. In these times, people who were crippled were usually beggars who sat outside of temples and at city gates begging for money. Dave summoned for Mephibosheth to come to the palace. That day, a man of insignificance became a man of importance. His life changed. 

God has your life in His hands and when you least expect it he will choose you as His son or daughter to rise up and be a person of influence; sometimes without you even knowing it. 

I blog because I want to encourage someone to keep going and live a purposeful life. I don't know who reads this (or if anyone does), but if God wants to help one person to go from feeling insignificant to important, alone to loved or empty to empowered, then I will continue to take the time to share my thoughts through this medium. 

I'm not in a church as a pastor any more. I have a beautiful wife and the cutest son in the world. I enjoy my job (has its moments) and love the people I work with. I have a good life but I still don't have it all figured out. Life is messy sometimes and not always fair. Know this, God loves you and cares for you today and at the end of it all, that's all that really matters. 

So with that, here we go again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment