Thursday, September 27, 2012

Persistence of a Puppy

It amazes me lately how much God is saying to me during my breakfast time. Today was much like every other morning and I had just sat down for a good breakfast with a hot cup of coffee when all of a sudden, peeking around the corner of the couch is a little snout and two black eyes. I've been known to give a 'treat' before and once you open Pandora's box, there comes a certain expectation of it becoming a regular habit.

As many of you already know, I find myself in the unemployment line seeking a job. It is a position that I do not desire to be in, but I am trusting God to lead me in the direction that He wants me to go. However, not that long ago, my wife and I were praying for some people and situations and after I had said 'amen', she quickly added that I would find employment in the right place at the right time. It got me thinking.

In the book of Psalms, David states, "Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly" (Psalm 5:3 NLT). David never came to God once a month. He never even came to God once a week. He came each and every day with his requests before Almighty God. But the second part of this verse is the clincher for me. David waited with expectation. He didn't wait thinking that God wasn't going to provide. He didn't wait thinking God couldn't heal him. He didn't even wait thinking that God wasn't going to answer him. He waited with expectation that Jehovah was going to come through and meet his requests.

Let's go back to my breakfast and the peeking puppy. She didn't peek around the corner thinking she was going to get nothing. She didn't even peek around the corner because she thought nothing was there. That cute adorable puppy came around the corner of the chair, like she does every morning, in the hopes that she would get a little treat. She came with expectation and persistence.

I'm learning every day that I need to bring my current employment issue along with my other requests to God and wait expectantly. But it is through my persistence of daily coming and expecting that shows that my hope is in God and not my own ability to create resolve to my situation. At the right time, God will provide all that I need.

This morning, no matter how many times you have come to Father God before, come to Him with expectation and persistence. If you're believing for healing, come expecting for God to heal you. If you're coming for provision, come expecting for God to provide for you. If you're coming for restoration, come believing that God is going to restore the brokenness in your life. If your coming on behalf of a loved, come believing that God is going to reach out to them. But don't stop there. Tomorrow, come again with the same expectation. The next day, come with the same expectation. Keep coming back to our Heavenly Father day after day with the same expectation and watch what He does as you seek Him.

Oh ... and to answer your question … yes … the puppy got her treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment