Friday, May 28, 2010

Sweating for Jesus

Today I sit in the office at work and as I wipe the sweat from my brow, I am thankful for all that God has done for me.  I'd probably be more thankful if the air-conditioning was working properly, but regardless, I am still thankful.

I am in a place that I never again imagined that I would be; doing something that I love; working in an area that I find gives me greater purpose.  But God has reminded me today that the purpose of what I do is not as important as the importance of what I was created to do.

Tonight, the youth are heading to one of the local high schools in town for a worship service.  This service was put together by students, for students to worship God.  It is a joined effort of the major high schools in the city and they have culminated their efforts to bring their praise to the One.  What a cool example of what the church is supposed to be today.  We were created to worship our God!  We were created to bring glory unto Him.  These kids are attempting to do that tonight as one body; the church!  That is exciting!

So as I sit in my non-functioning air conditioned office, I will remember that I am created to worship him and that even though I never thought I would be in this place, may I never forget that He is the reason why I am.  It was because of HIS grace that I can sweat for Him and testify to His goodness!

No matter what you're going through today, remember the words of Psalm 100:


1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.   
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
       come before him with joyful songs.

 3 Know that the LORD is God.
       It is he who made us, and we are his;
       we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
       and his courts with praise;
       give thanks to him and praise his name.

 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
       his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment