Saturday, April 10, 2010

More To This Life

It is early in the morning on a Saturday morning and I am here just thinking to myself about the message that I just spoke to the youth last night.  Retrospective is always a dangerous thing!

My life hasn't exactly gone the way that I thought it would have turned out.  I imagined when I was younger that I would have been married, in a good job with kids with a nice house, a couple of cars and maybe a toy vehicle of some sort in the driveway.  But life doesn't do that.  It doesn't always go the way we think it should.  Quite often, it does just the opposite.

I have a friend from high school whose husband committed suicide this week.  I'm sure she must be thinking right now as she is trying to explain to their two children, this is not the way that I planned my life.  However, this is something that she will have to deal with and unfortunately, there is really nothing she can do about it except make the best out of a really horrific situation.  My heart breaks for her, but I know that she'll be okay.  She has a great support group and people that will surround her in this time of difficulty.

When I look back at the situations that I went through, I was surrounded by people that helped me through.  There were people praying for me.  There were people checking in on me.  There were people just genuinely caring for me and the needs that I had.  Even now, there are people that are caring for me and looking out for my best interest.  I am very blessed.

I guess the grander thought though is as we have come through this Easter season and remembering what Christ did for us on the cross, we have to consider that God was looking out for us with the sacrifice of His Son on that day.  It wasn't a temporary fix, but a permanent fix.  He paid the price once and for all for a debt that we could not pay.

So looking back on tonight, I remember that even though we don't get things right; even though we don't always see the big picture; even though we don't know what curve balls life is going to throw at us, we have a God in heaven that is with us each step of the way and guiding us through and taking care of us.  All we have to do is let Him love us.  There really is more to this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment